2007年3月27日 星期二

Mathematics or Economics ?

Language dreams or a piece of diploma in Top5 Universities ?

I feel uncomfortable about this situation. I didn't know that economics contain so much math ! When I chose this department as my major, nobody told me that I will have to learn so much mathematics! By the time I graduated from senior high, I told myself not to touch any kind of math anymore.
##CONTINUE##
In fact, about 70% of my classmates have the same concept like me. We think we were cheated. Economics isn't the way we thought it would be. It's social science, and economist proves and explains the entire phenomenon by using mathematical methods. No students who major in economics can escape from the hell constructed with hundreds and thousands of models and countless hypothesis. All of the mathematics used in economics is indispensable, because we can't build a skyscraper on the air.

Mathematics has made me loath since I was senior high. I have thought that once I get into a department, which is, not belongs to financial or business kind, I would be free from the fear of math. I have been stuck here for one and half years, and now I start considering about my future: “I really want to graduate with nothing in my head ? No skills no dreams".

I want to change this situation now, but how could I? Please let me know your opinions if you're in leisure.

BTW My English is poor now, and I'm trying to grab the feeling back. If there are errors, please leave a message to me. Thanks for your help.

4 則留言:

  1. The second line "When choosing this department as my major, nobody told me that I will have to learn so much mathematics!", it would be better to change into "When I choose...," since the subejct in the former one is quite vacue.

    回覆刪除
  2. Thanks for your correction ^^. By the way,I want to know what does "vacue" mean. I have looked up my dictionary,but have found nothing.

    回覆刪除
  3. Maybe our doctor got the point :). I want to have good language ability like you >"<.

    回覆刪除