2007年3月28日 星期三

Dream of Language Learning

I have had a dream since I have been in touch with English and lots of foreigners. My mom sent me into a cram school to study English when I was just at third grade. At that time,elementary schools didn't have other language lessons except Chinese.Parents at the time proved that they did have the ability to let their children go to cram school by enforcing children to go. At first, I hated to go cram school after class. I changed my mind after experienceing the lesson two times. Since then, I enjoy learning English.
##CONTINUE##
In fact, I want to learn more languages. Why? Maybe someone will think it ridiculous, but I mean it. I want to speak not English but much more other kind languages. Such as Japanese Russian French German Spanish, sounds pompous but I can seriously tell you this. Communicating with foreigners in their mother language is my dream. I don't know how to explain what's my motive for this childish dream, but there is one thing needless to say:"I've given up this dream since I yielded to Mom's reguests".What're the requests? There's only one, and that is:"Languages can't make money! Business institute or something like economics will help you do this !" Yeah, maybe these majors really make some money, but in my point of view, those money shouldn't be more important than my dream. I don't mean to be proficient in literature or phonetics, but at least I can speak and read. So that I can talk, talk in many ways. Sounds impractical but that's truly my dream. Now it has become the donkey's carrot which could be chased but will never be seized. In my position now, the dream will always be a dream if I don't put something into practice.

Grown-ups always say that:"True to yourself, and do your best!" But they don't really mean it. "Everyone is special! " Change another way to say then no one is (special). In the cartoon "The Incredibles", when Dash asked Elastic girl (his monther) why he can't do his best (Dash is an incredible boy with dashes, and he meant run as fast as he can on the a track and field meet) , she replied:"Right now,honey, the world just want us to fit in and fit in ,and we just have to be like everybody else". Hummm.... Let's think about it. I got a sentense to sum up this long section, that is:

  When everyone is told they are 'special' then no one is.

Back to language learning, I want to change my major from economics to foreign language. It's a pity that my results of study in this economics department are poor, so I am not able to fill the bill about changing major.Maybe you will say that it's not necessary to change major,but I have to say that I spend most of the time studying the main subjects in order to not be flunked. For this reason, I can't join clubs because it cost too much times and spirit.

I am confused now:"A dream is important, or a diploma is better ?". The only thing I'm sure is that I hate economics even though economic models or theories will bring me money.

BTW My English is poor now, and I'm trying to grab the feeling back. If there are errors, please leave a message to me. Thanks for your help.

沒有留言:

張貼留言